- Wood: Walnut (American Walnut)
- Grade: Natural - Prefinished
- Stain: Natural
- Width: 3"
- Warranty: 50 Years
- Min. Order Qty: 200SF
- SKU: H4LPHP325WALNATSOL
- Grade: Character
Random Lengths of 10"-84" with an average of 30"
Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
SQ FT. per bundle: 20.
Warranty: 50 Years
Some Interesting Facts About American Walnut
American Walnut is native to North America and grown in several parts, largely in the Eastern United States. You may find American Walnut in areas including Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. The Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama and Florida, to the South, are also home to American Walnut. Other locales include Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Minnesota.
While hardwood flooring is its claim to fame, American Walnut has also been fashioned into furnishings, fences, and railroad ties, and other additional creations.
The Benefits of American Walnut Flooring in Your Home
- American Walnut flooring is known to be a very durable wood, one of the more durable woods in North America. It has a Janka Hardness Scale score of 1010. While a bit lower in rating than the industry standard Red Oak, American Walnut is a suitable option for families, capable of withstanding the day-to-day wear and tear. Like other woods, however, remember to take care of the woods, and leave the high-heeled shoes as the door.
- Another distinct quality of this wood is its remarkable color. American Walnut is admired for its rich, brown, chocolate tones. While often hosting a straight grain, the wood is also loved for its curvy grain pattern, also found throughout the boards.
- Another benefit of this hardwood flooring: it’s easy to clean and maintain. Use a cloth mop to remove dust, dirt and debris. A vacuum set on the bare floor setting is useful too. Use a damp mop for heavier grime, being careful not to saturate the floor with water.
Lifetime of Beauty
To preserve the beauty of your hardwood flooring for a lifetime, all of our pre-finished hardwood flooring is protected by seven layers of UV Cured Polyurethane infused with Ceramic particles (aluminum oxide) for scratch resistance and gloss retention. The finishes are 100% solids with no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that can be harmful to humans and the environment. The finish is cured instantly by UV lights thus creating a safe yet extremely durable finish. This process provides the highest quality finish and durability in an environmentally friendly way.
Choosing prefinished hardwood flooring is a smart choice for the environment. Wood itself is green; it’s a renewable resource with a much lower carbon foot print then plastics that are found in many carpets and some laminate flooring. Do you or a member of your family suffer from allergies? Prefinished hardwood floors are hypoallergenic.
The finish will not give refuge to dust mites or microorganisms as carpets can; making hardwood flooring a smart choice for you’re the environment in your home!