- Wood: European White Oak
- Grade: Prefinished
- Stain: Ravenna
- Width: 7 1/2
- Warranty: 35 Years
- Min. Order Qty: 200SF
- SKU: H4LAIR95ENGWHTOKRVNNA
Let this beautiful European White Oak hardwood floor create a refined look in your space, with a natural aged beauty enhanced by a fumed treatment that brings out the true antique look and the beauty of the wood. Semi-fumed, Brushed, distressed & hand scraping makes this floor an all time favorite. It is a modern restoration of an artistic timeless floor.
Some additional information about fuming floors:
Fumed, or smoked oak, is oak wood flooring which has been treated to change its color. Fuming involves putting oak into an enclosed environment in which ammonia is introduced into the atmosphere. Fumed wood has been exposed to ammonia gas, the ammonia reacts with the natural tannins in the wood and brings out a darker color, usually a grayish-brown. It is a common mistake that fuming or smoking oak involves the application of the ammonia to the oak, but this is untrue. The color change comes from the wood’s reaction to the presence of ammonia in the atmosphere. Effectively what happens is that the ammonia causes the tannins in the wood to be brought to the surface. The closer the tannins are to the surface, the darker the wood will appear.
European Oak is the preferred species for fuming/smoking because of its high tannin content. American White Oak is sometimes fumed/smoked, but it tends to react less intensely, has more variation. Because the intensity of the reaction to the ammonia depends on the tannin content of the wood, each board reacts a little bit differently from the next.The longer the wood is exposed to the ammonia, the darker it becomes. The results achieved from fuming or smoking will range from a rich brown, to almost black color.
This Engineered Hardwood Flooring offers the following characteristics:
- Warranty: 35 year finish
- SQ FT Per Box Quantity: 26.13 sf
- Construction: Engineered.
- Thickness: 9/16" with a 3.2 mm wear layer
- Width: 7 1/2"
- Length: 84” On average 85% of the boards are 84” in length (with the remaining 15% in random lengths from 3 ft to 5 ft)
- Design: Plank.
- Color: Ravenna
- Finish: Bona Naturale, UV Cured Urethane, water based.
- Species: European White Oak
- Installation: Glue, Staple, Nail
- Surface: Brushed, distressed & hand scraped
- Construction: T&G, 3 Ply Engineered floor. The use of Heveas or Rubber core makes this floor environmentally friendly.
Choosing prefinished hardwood flooring is a smart choice for the environment. Wood itself is green; it’s a renewable resource with a much lower carbon footprint then plastics that are found in many carpets and some laminate flooring. Do you or a member of your family suffer from allergies? Prefinished hardwood floors are hypoallergenic. The finish will not give refuge to dust mites or microorganisms as carpets can; making hardwood flooring a smart choice for you’re the environment in your home!
Wow factor comes into play with this WIDE PLANK Engineered European Oak Hardwood Flooring. Don't overpay for your hardwood flooring! Call (888-705-7555) for a sample today or email firstname.lastname@example.org